- helps with communication which is at its most basic level, the ability to tell a story well
- involves all age groups regardless of ability level
- improves and reinforces vocabulary
- encourages creative writing
- stimulates inventive thinking and imagination
- motivates children to read
You can buy different games online - which I have done in the past. However, after our cards got lost and ripped too many times, I wanted something a tad bit more sturdy to play with.
That's how Story Blocks was created.
It has become a favorite pastime and the kids often ask to play it.
Or, here is a collection of ideas for different DIY story telling crafts on Parents.com.